Ivalis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hoping for a family

Go down 
+5
shadowolf
Hawklegs
WildWind
shadowwolf445
Twilight
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Twilight
Administrator

Hoping for a family Empty
PostSubject: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 2:45 pm

Sammy padded around her large cage, waiting for the workers to bring her food. When she saw a human come through the door and open her cage, she immediately licked its face. The human laughed and pushed Sammy off, filling her bowl. Sammy walked over to her food bowl and gobbled it down quickly. She raised her head and watched as the human walked back through the door and dissapear again. Sammy lay down at the back of the cage hoping another human would stop by.
Back to top Go down
https://ivalis.rpg-board.net
shadowwolf445

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 2:58 pm

Rocky was wigging his tail wildly watching all the differnt humans that passed him. he was hoping that one of them would open his cage and play with him. but they all seemed to busy to notice him, he looked towared the caged next to him and saw another dog just laying there. He yipped a greeting to her" hi i'm Rocky, whats your name?"
Back to top Go down
Twilight
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:01 pm

Sammy raised her head at the pups sharp bark and turned her head to see a husky pup. "Hello Rocky, I'm Sammy," she introdused herself happily. She got to her paws and padded over, sitting on the edge of her cage close to Rocky. "Your new, right?" she asked the pup. "I've been in here for a while. A few of the humans have looked really interested in me, but none have taken me home though."
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf445

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:11 pm

Rcoky continued to wag his tail "yes i'm new i've only been here a few days." he looked back at the humans walking arond the story "their all to busy to play with me, not one as even looked at me yet. except the one that brings me food but it never plays with me. it gets boring sitting around in these cages all day."
Back to top Go down
Twilight
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:19 pm

Sammy nodded, "I know. I wish I could go run, I love to run... but the only thing I ever get to do is go out once a day for our daily walks. They never let me run. We always take the same route every day." She watched as more people walked by her cage. The small human crouched down and giggled at Sammy. Sammy got to her paws and padded over to the cage, yipping and wagging her tail happily. The small human giggled again but got up and left. Sammy's tail drooped and she walked back to Rocky.
Back to top Go down
WildWind
Administrator
WildWind

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:41 pm

Megan had been wanting a dog for ages, and now her parents had finally allowed her to buy one. They gave her little money, for she had been saving since she was six. So now she skipped a long the sidewalk, cheerful and happy to get a dog at last. Then she saw it: The Pet Store was before her eyes. She raced inside, seeing two dogs in front of her.

One was a young husky pup, who seemed very playful and hyper. The other was a young adult Australian shepherd who seemed rather playful as well.

Megan raced to the cage doors, examining them carefully. 'They both look so lonely.. Why can't I just take them both?!' She cried in her mind, pressing her hands against each cage gently. She watched as another person left the cages, Megan wished she had bought one of them; That way they would both be happy. She let out a sigh and walked over to the shop clerk, who was busily stocking shelves of food. "Um, excuse me, sir. How much are those two dogs over there?" The man turned his head to her, a bit of annoyance in his glance.

"Sorry, miss. I'm a bit busy now, go talk to Sari over there." He said, pointing to a girl in the distance.

"Okay, sir. Thank you." She nodded, walking towards the girl. "Excuse me, miss. I talked to the clerk over there about how much those two dogs are," she started, pointng towards they're cages. "And he told me to talk to you. So, could you help me out, please?"
Back to top Go down
http://wotd.fantasyboard.net
Twilight
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:53 pm

Sari turned at the girl's voice. She put down her broom and whiped her hands together to get rid of the dust that had previously been on the floor. She looked over at where the girl was pointing and her heart lurched as she saw that the girl was pointing to Rocky, as well as Sammy, the dog beside Rocky. Sari had been wanting Rocky for a long time and was waiting for her pay-check so that she could adopt him. She had also made a close bond with Sammy over the weeks that she had been here, but she knew that they needed to go to good homes. "Sammy - the sheep dog - is $30," she replied, walking slowly over to the dog's cages. "And this is Rocky... but-" she cut herself off again. she thought about what she was going to say next. "He's taken, I'm sorry," she finally said.

Sammy got to her paws as the girl passed. She wagged her tail happily, hoping she would be the one. Sammy's heart sank again as the girl went away, but leapt once again as the girl and another human came back. They were talking about her and Rocky! Sammy stuck her muzzle out of the fence of her cage and continued to wag her tail excitedly. She shuffled her paws on the hard ground of the floor of her cage, wishing that the humans would open her door and take her home right then.
Back to top Go down
WildWind
Administrator
WildWind

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 4:20 pm

Megan's heart broke as she heard the pup had been taken, she couldn't believe what she was hearing. "H-He is?" She started, trying to sound calm. "Oh, okay.. But why is he still here then?" She was trying her best to convince herself he wasn't taken, but her only hope was that Sari would say something that would help her broken heart.

Megan looked at Rocky's eyes, then at Sammy's. She was half happy they would both get homes, but half sad that Rocky couldn't be hers. Megan sighed, walking over to the cages with a small coat of invisible tears over her eyes. Her head was low as she walked, and she sat beside they're cages just wishing that she could at least have one of them.

But Megan's thoughts shifted, and she turned to the positive side of things. 'Well, there's the point that they'll both go to a new home. Another is that each will have better lives instead of in these cages.' She shook her head, it wasn't helping at all.

Another sigh came from her mouth, and she noticed Sammy running to the side of her cage, looking excitedly at her. "Hi girl," she said, petting her head gently. "I wish I could take you and Rocky home, but I can't.. And Rocky's been taken anyways." She whispered to the Shepard, who's tail was still wagging wildly. "But since I can't have Rocky, would you like to come home with me?" She asked softly, petting Sammy's soft coat.

Megan's frown turned to a sided smile, Sammy was a sweet dog who might be going home with her and Rocky is going to a home soon himself. But she couldn't help but give a little pat on Rocky's head, hoping he'd come over to her so she could pet him better before she left with possibly Sammy.

Megan's smile grew a bit bigger, and the teary coating on her eyes dried up. "I hope you have fun in your new home little guy." She said, looking at him sweetly.
Back to top Go down
Twilight
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 4:32 pm

Sari flinched as she saw the girl's reaction. "Honestly... he isn't taken yet... But he will be tomorrow. I'm waiting for my paycheck so that I can buy him," she explained quickly, hoping the girl wouldn't get mad at her for lieing. "Sammy's my friend too, I've developed a strong bond with her over the weeks I've worked here, but..." She cut herself off again. "Please don't take Rocky," she asked, almost sounding like a plea. "I'm going to miss Sammy alot, but I know that you'll take good care of her." She smiled a bit and crouched down beside Sammy's and Rocky's cages, petting each of them. "Here," she said, opening Sammy's cage door. "She won't run off, she knows better. But now you can really get to know her." She opened Rocky's cage door and held out her arms for him to come.

Sammy brightened at the girl's praise, and yipped with happyness when one human opened her door. Sammy immediately walked out and rested her head under Megan's chin, continuing to wag her tail.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf445

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 5:00 pm

Rocky was getting excited when he saw two humans come towards Sammy and his cage. he wagged his tail even faster and yipped at the humans. he thought maybe these humans would play with him. he walked up to the front of his caged and stood on his hindlegs for a few seconds.

One of the Humans tried to pet him on the head. he step closer to her so she was able to pet, while she was petting him he used his forepaws to pull her hand down and play bit her fingers and licked her hand.

the other human opened his caged and held out her arms. Rocky ran out out of his cage and into her arms. he jumped up putting his forelegs on her chest, he licked her face with coving her face in his slobber
Back to top Go down
WildWind
Administrator
WildWind

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:34 pm

Megan felt a bit offended to the point that she had lied, but a sly smile appeared from seemingly nowhere. "It's okay, I understand. He's a cute pup, and really playful too." She said, giggling the last of her words from Rocky's playfulness on her hand. She looked happily at Sammy, who had excitedly come out of her cage. Megan began to pet her more and more, Sammy had a smooth and soft coat and a sweet personality. She looked to Sari, with a bigger smile on her face. "We could visit each other, that way we could both play with Sammy and Rocky." She said, looking back at Sammy and giving her a warm hug.

"I wont take him, you seem to want him really badly. I've wanted a dog since I was three years old, and I've been saving up my money for one since I was six." Megan finally said, continuing to pet Sammy's soft coat. "I don't really live on a farm, though. So if you live on a farm, I could bring Sammy to help with herding cows or sheep. Plus she'll get better exercise that way." She softly said, turning back to Sammy and gave her a pat on the head.

Megan turned to Rocky as he jumped into Sari's arms, she looked back at her starting to speak again. "I'm Megan by the way," she said, smiling brightly at her. Megan giggled as Rocky covered Sari's hands with saliva. "He seems pretty active, huh?" She giggled, continuing to talk. "But yeah, I think I'm going to take Sammy home with me." She said happily, asking one last question. "So, who do I pay and all that other stuff?"

Megan smiled, looking at Sari and Sammy brightly. "Sammy, your coming home with me." She said, petting Sammy and giving her a slight kiss on the fore-head.
Back to top Go down
Twilight
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:48 pm

Sari giggled when Rocky covered her face and hands with puppy kisses. She gently pushed him off, still holding him and whiped off the salva from her face and hands. Sari brightened when Megan said that she wouldn't take Rocky, and she smiled when Megan mentioned them visiting eachother to let their dogs play. "I would love to visit. We could meet up in the park sometime," she suggested happily.

"My name is Sari," she introduced herself to Megan. "Sadly, no, I don't live on a farm, but like I said before we could take them to the park once in a while and let them play together." She continued petting Rocky when she heard Megan's other question. "You pay the guy at the front counter, my boss. He'll take the money, and you also get a free collar and leash with every new dog you get," she added. Sari turned to Rocky in her arms, "And your coming with me. I'm going to see if my boss will let me take you now."

Sammy happily enjoyed the attention she was getting. She loved coming out of her cramped cage once in a while to get petted by many humans. Then she heard the words Megan spoke; "Your coming home with me." Sammy had heard it many times when other dogs had been adopted. She couldn't help but bark once out of pure joy that these words have been spoken to her.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf445

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:24 pm

Rocky wasn't sure what was going on but as long has he didn't have to stay in the cage anymore he didn't care. he was happy to be out off the cage and finaily having some one to play with.'
Back to top Go down
WildWind
Administrator
WildWind

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:25 pm

Megan smiled, "nice to meet you, Sari. Thanks so much for agreeing, dog's just can't be without another dog, you know? Haha, they like to have friends." She said, standing up. "Do I get to pick out the color and leash? I just want to know, because I want something cute and pretty for Sammy." She said, walking over to the clerk. "Excuse me, sir. Sorry to bother you again but I would like to but that dog over there; Sammy." The man turned to her, a wide smile on his face.

"Why of course! Just give me the money, and you can even pick out a leash and collar free of charge!" Megan smiled as she nodded, handing him the money.

"Thank you, sir." She said happily. Megan walked over to the aisle where the collars and leashes we're, picking out a rose covered collar and leash from the bunch. She walked over to Sammy, and slipped the collar on and hooking the leash to the collar. "There you go, Sammy. Now let's head home, I want you to meet your new family!"

Megan looked back to Sari, waving a happy good-bye. "I'll see you tomorrow at the park, okay? By the big horse fountain, see you there!" She said quickly, rushing outside and on her way home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Amber padded around her little cage, which was rather big for her. She walked to the side of her cage and let a yip of joy come from her maw as the humans came over to Rocky and Sammy. She flattened her ears as they ignored her, and howled sadly when Megan walked away. Her little fore paws we're now standing up against the cage's side, creating rattling noises as she moved. Her little stub for a tail wiggled around in circles as she hoped she could come out too. She panted excitedly as she awaited the human to bring her out to play.

Amber sat down and howled some more, her ears flapping around cutely. She let out a buzzing bee sounded growl, still hoping to come out and play. She jumped down from the side of the cage and sat, howling sadly still wanting to come out.

Amber Stood up and barked playfully at the human, spinning around in circles where she stood. She began to jump up and down against the cage's side, creating banging and rattling noises; Making a nuisance. She let out another buzzingly playful growl, beginning to spin around again.

Amber sat down and let out another long, sad howl; As if singing a pitiful song. She stood up and began running around her cage and jumping against the side of the cage excitedly; All the while growling, barking, and wagging her stub in circles.
Back to top Go down
Twilight
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:43 pm

Sari smiled and watched Sammy go out the door with Megan. She knew that Sammy was going to a good home. She followed after Megan to the counter with Rocky in her arms. "Hey, you know that I've been wanting Rocky for a long time, right?" she asded her boss.

Her boss nodded as if he knew what she was going to ask. "I'll take the money out of your paycheck so you can take him home now," he said.

Sari smiled at him and went to pick out a collar and leash. She found a beautiful dark blue collar and leash that matched his bright blue eyes. She set Rocky down on the floor and slipped the collar around his neck, hooping the leash around the collar in the process. She was walking out the door when a loud howling and yipping got her to turn around. There she saw Amber, a new dog that had only been there today. She walked ovet to Amber's cage and crouched down. "Oh don't give me that look! If I take home two dogs, my mom will kill me!"

------------------------

Sammy happily accepted the leash put around her neck. she obediently followed Megan out the door, casting one last sad glance at Rocky for leaving him. She didn't know that they would meet up later, she thought this was her last good-bye.
Back to top Go down
WildWind
Administrator
WildWind

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:57 pm

Amber let out another buzzing growl, cocking her head to the side; She had no idea what "don't give me that look" meant. She flattened her ears and lowered her head a bit as she saw the human and Rocky leaving. She howled sadly, spinning around in circles again.

Amber began to jump up and down against the cage's side again, yipping about playfully. She growled and barked at Sari, hoping she would come back. She howled out a short, hopeful howl. She was just hoping she could have a home, mostly hoping to have one with another puppy her age.

She ran around her cage in circles, stopping at it's side. She stuck her muzzle between the bars a barked at her playfully. She howled out to them both afterwords, backing up her tiny body.. But her mouth was stuck! She yelped loudly, mostly scared to the incident, but was also in a bit of pain as she tried to yank her muzzle out.

She looked at Sari and Rocky once more, still making all the noise as she tried to pull her mouth out of between the bars. Then she let out a long howl before continuing to yelp and squeal. She put her fore paws up against the bars, trying to push her muzzle free, but it didn't work and she just put them back on the cage floor.
Back to top Go down
Twilight
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 3:07 pm

Sari opened Amber's door when she saw amber get stuck. "Don't worry... its alright," she said soothngly, trying to get Amber's muzzle out of the fence. She was finally able to free Amber. Sari smiled a bit and picked her up. "Looks like I'm dead," she said to herself amusingly. Her mom had allowed her to buy one dog, but she didn't know how she'd react if Sari brought home two. Sari closed Amber's cage door and walked once again to the counder, picking out a pretty light pink collar and leash with flowers on them. She didn't even make a noise, but her boss at the counter nodded and smiled. Sari knew that he would take care of it, just... she had no more paycheck. But she didn't care. "Looks like your coming home with me afterall," she said to Amber in her arms.

Arms full of pups, she finally opened the door and walked out into the parking lot.
Back to top Go down
Hawklegs
Young Child
Hawklegs

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:01 pm

Ace had been at the pet store for a few weeks now and felt super bored. The first day was the most boring he just sat there doing nothing. But time after time some humans would take him out and pet him, but besides that the only petting he got was from the human who gave him food. The food tasted horrible and was probably that cheepo food they buy from dollar stores. Even the water tasted warm and dirty. Hair was all over it and gave him furballs stuck in his throat.

Alia was enjoying her stay, well at least today. She'd been pet a whole lot of times and was even played with. She loved the attention and would love more. She truley wanted to go to a nice house with nice pillows to chew. The pillow she had here was already totally distroyed and she couldnt destroy anymore of it. She looked at the cage beside her seeing a lonely dog. " hi, im Alia whats your name" Alia asked ecitedly and hiper. "Ace" Ace mumbled. " oh ok, umm... wanna play?" Alia asked jumping around. " yea if i werent stuck in a metal cage that would be nice" Ace replied angry. " sorry didnt mean to make you angry" Alia said confused stopping hre jumping. There was silence for a bit then Ace got up " sorry, i've been in this rotten cage for so long and all i want to do is go to a nice home and have a comfy bed to sleep in and whole bunch of toys. but in this cage there is nothing like that, even the food sucks" Ace moaned before lying down again starring at nothing. " oh, i know it does get boring around here, especially when noone wants to play with you." Alia replied sitting down but contiuning starring at Ace.
Back to top Go down
http://wildcatz.bigforumpro.com/
shadowolf
Young Child
shadowolf

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 8:47 am

Tera walked into the store and looked at the puppies "oh hello!" She said in a sweet tone to Ace and petted him "Would you like me to take you home?"
Tera looked around "I will get you tomorrow!" SHe said dashing out the door in a hurry to get home to help pack
Back to top Go down
Ella
Tweenager
Ella

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:28 pm

Bella pulled up to the small pet store. As she turned off the car she finally noticed how different things were here. Things were smaller but somehow bigger. Like the stores were smaller but the forsts and feilds were huge.
Bella jumped out of the BMW and headed to the door.
" Come on Jenna. You might be able to get Charlie a new bridle. We'll go see him after this. I told mom we'd be out for a little bit," Bella called behind her. As she opened the door she heard the pleasent sound of many animals. It might not look it, but Bella loved animals. Especially cats. They were so agile and clever.
Bella walked in and instantly found the cat toys. There was a myraid of jingily mice and catnip balls. Bella picked up as much as she could cary and headed to the counter.

Last edited by Ella on Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Whitefeather
Tweenager
Whitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:41 pm

Jenna followed her sister out of her car. The air was humid and sticky. Jenna hoped that they would go to the horse stable soon before it got worse. She walked into the Pet Shop and saw her sister talking to anouther girl. Jenna looked at the animals. She wiggled her fingers in the opening of a cage with a kitten in it. The kitten purred and rubbed against her hands. The kitten's fur was so soft. Jenna moved on and saw a tiny puppy curled up in the corner. She walked on, looking through the pets, and then got to the horse stuff. She picked out a bridle and got a few carrots and sugar cubes. She layed the items on the check out desk, waiting for the clerk.
Back to top Go down
shadowolf
Young Child
shadowolf

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:41 pm

Tera came back in to get some dog toys and saw Jenna and Bella "Hello!" She said warmly to them. She picked out a blue and yellow caller about the right sise for a puppy and a toy bone. Her black shirt shifted as she picked up the toy and the caller.
Back to top Go down
Whitefeather
Tweenager
Whitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:13 pm

"Hi," Jenna said faintly. The girl looked a few years older. She wondered if the girl was talking to her sister.
Back to top Go down
Ella
Tweenager
Ella

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:47 pm

Bella noticed the girl walk in and heard her greeting. She was still waiting in line so she hoped that her sister would be polite and return her greeting. Jenna was usually quiet, but saying hello wouldnt kill her.
Bella proceeded to the front of the line and paid for Ali's toys. She just knew that she would love them.
As she headed for the car she passed her sister and the girl.
" HEy when your done talking we'll go see Charlie. I'll be in the car," Bella handed Jenna the money to pay for the stuff and then went outside to the car. BElla through her stuff in the open windown and then leaned up against the car to look at the town.
Back to top Go down
shadowolf
Young Child
shadowolf

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:16 pm

Tera nodded back in greeting and paid for the toys and left to her house
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hoping for a family   Hoping for a family Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hoping for a family
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next